SolarEdge power optimizers perform MPP tracking for each module individually and therefore extract the maximum energy from each module, regardless of other modules in the string.
For existing solar installations that suffer from mismatch-related power losses, SolarEdge offers two optional retrofit configurations:
Module Level Power Optimization
Add a power optimizer to each module for added energy through module-level MPPT. There is no need for additional hardware or inverter replacement.
In addition to power optimizers install the SolarEdge Safety and Monitoring Interface to enable:
- Added energy through module-level MPPT
- Enhanced maintenance through module-level monitoring
- Automatic module level DC safety
SolarEdge Retrofit Products
- Power optimizer – with independent optimization technology IndOP™
- Safety and Monitoring Interface – the SolarEdge Safety & Monitoring Interface for module-level monitoring and safety retrofitted systems
- SolarEdge Key – commissioning tool that is used to enable power optimizers to work with non-SolarEdge inverters without installing any additional hardware